Pages

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Behind the Blogger: Katie Pooler (Part Two)

here we go! the other half of must-know facts regarding yours truly!

13. Sailing. I practically spent the first 8 years of my life on a sailboat every weekend. I started sailing again in high school, playing on MC-Scows. I'm going to own a sailboat when I get a big-tymers job.

14. Sneakers. I have a lot of shoes. I used to manage a Foot Locker, and while working there I fell in love. I'm a big fan of Air Jordans (DUH), and I finally purchased my first pair last year (Retro IV's Mars Blackmon Edition)! For owning so many pairs of sneakers, most of the time I'm just wearing a pair of Chuck Taylor's or Vans.

15. Speaking of Chuck Taylor's, did you know that they were my first pair of shoes? That's right! Red high tops. I still have one of them! And you can bet that my offspring will have them too.

16. I was involved in a car accident with a Hooter's girl. She locked her keys in her car while it was still running, and yes she was in uniform. Sitting on the curb at 1:30am next to a Hooter's girl with a police chopper spotlight on us will HOPEFULLY be the closest I ever get to being featured on an episode of COPS.

17. I'm a Geography major. I LOVE IT. I study how our world interacts with humans, cultures and society, politics, physical phenomena, everything...you name it. I can't wait to graduate!

18. I played varsity golf all 4 years of high school. Well, technically 3.5 years. I dislocated my knee mid-season of my senior year and was forced into early retirement.

19. I don't know how to play chess.

20. I looked like a boy most of my childhood.

21. My eye color is gray. Pretty cool, huh? Gray eyes are very common in Sweden, which makes sense because I am part Swedish.

22. I'm related to Captain Kidd the pirate. TRUE STORY. On my mother's side. Which explains why my granddaddy has a hard time saying his R's and is always stealing my stuff. It also explains my mother's peg leg. ***My family actually exhibits none of the aforementioned qualities. But we are truly related to Captain Kidd.

23. My first word was Booty. Okay...no more pirate references I promise! and I actually have no idea what my first word was, but as a baby my parents would place their 80's-tastic shades on me and watch me do a killer Stevie Wonder impression.

24. When excess alcohol is consumed, I have the tendency to recant my favorite DMX songs. Disclaimer: Don't get the wrong idea...I'm of legal age (+1), and I am not a big fan of the bar scene. But I do love to dance.

25. My legs are hairless. I shave my legs maybe 17 times a year.

THERE YOU GO! Welcome to my life. It's a Pool Party.

No comments: