Behind the Blogger: Katie Pooler.
The Woman. The Winner. Proud Whitson Warrior alumnae (class of '99)!
Part Two will arrive in the very near (possibly distant) future!
1. My glasses are slightly too big for me. I think I was so excited to get them that I denied having them re-sized. So now I constantly have to push my glasses up...much like a 5th grade NERD. They fall off of my face all the time.
2. I love Michael Jordan. I used to watch his games on an old black and white TV my parents let me put in my room, and recreate his moves on a nerf hoop. I also used to blast the Space Jam soundtrack in my backyard while I played b-ball and pretended that I was in the NBA. I celebrate the 23rd of every month as Michael Jordan.
3. I've had 8 concussions in the past 8 years. All from freak incidents. It is truly a miracle that I am alive and still able to walk and talk at the same time. I forget how lucky I am sometimes. Real talk.
4. I have ADHD, primarily inattentive sub-type. Its a blessing and a curse. I have a very unique way of thinking and processing information. I have a kick-a$$ sense of humor that allows me to find joy in the most un-enjoyable situations. I'm the eternal optimist, a constant daydreamer, full of enthusiasm and joy. The curse is that I forget all the time, and it really shows in my academics. Its a constant struggle to get things done and stay focused on task. My life is full of unfinished projects and unmet goals that haunt me...and push me to work smarter, not harder. I might be the poster child of ADHD. Fo reals.
5. I LOVE watching DVD commentaries of movies and TV shows by myself. I love hearing all of the behind the scenes info and hearing the input of the creators, mainly on comedy films/shows. I am fascinated by their creativity and reasoning. Its a strength that I see in myself, I just don't fully understand how to channel it just yet.
6. I love music! I love ALL guilty pleasure pop music. I also LOVE hip-hop/R&B/Soul/Rap music. For a white girl from Kansas...I'm pretty urban. I'm all over the 80's and 90's genre, and I live for power ballads. And while I love the upbeat stuff, I also follow a ton of folk/singer-songwriter musicians. I love playing music for my friends, and hope to further my skills as a DJ.
7. I am a total tech-nerd. I love computers! I spend a lot of time on my computer...in all honesty, i think its because I'm able to do something with my hands--I'm a very tactile and kinesthetic learner. I also love troubleshooting computers. Being able to tangibly fix something, while using my creative reasoning and problem solving skills, gives me a sense of accomplishment and the satisfaction of helping people.
8. In 6th grade, I was running out to catch the bus and accidentally fell on a patch of ice and slid completely underneath a running schoolbus. In front of everybody. I was also sporting a bull cut and an orange puff coat.
9. There are few things I enjoy more than the Young Life ministry. Its an incredible organization that introduces adolescents to what a real, individual relationship with Jesus looks like. YL reaches "the unreachable". I never felt I belonged in this world until I got involved with Topeka YL. I found where I belonged...in a close relationship with Jesus, surrounded by the most loving, compassionate, generous, funny, joyful, and truly incredible people on the planet. Seriously. Best. People. Ever.
10. SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE. I grew up watching SNL. Not just on Saturdays either. All the time. I have loved comedy from a very young age. SNL is more than a TV show to me. My family has faced their fair share of hardships and tough times, and SNL always brought so much joy and laughter into our home. Being on SNL has been a childhood dream of mine. I love writing comedy sketches and doing improv. Making people laugh is a big passion of mine, and I often picture myself being a cast member/writer for SNL or writing for a show like The Office, 30 Rock, Parks & Recreation, etc. Its a very tough business, and I don't know if I'm really cut out for it...but who knows? Ask me about this is 10 years.
11. I am an all-star when it comes to trivia. Topeka West Scholars Bowl team! Woot-woot!
12. My favorite number is twelve. (12). My b-day is also on the 12th of January.
No comments:
Post a Comment