Pages

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

winter reflections.

Break is officially over. I couldn't be happier to be back in Manhattan and being around people I truly love. Most of my break was spent watching movies and eating. There were a few moments of greatness that crept in between my selfish indulgences. I felt God's love in the generosity of his people. Especially one particular family. They have welcomed me and loved me for several years, and when I'm around them I feel like I'm a part of their family. What a great feeling. They touched my heart deeply. And I will love them forever.

Other memorable events:

-I had 3 teeth pulled.
-I saw 2 of my dearest friends from Summer Staff at Windy Gap back in 2007...the best month of my life. Purdy and Lawless were en route from Kentucky to Colorado for a ski trip. I hadn't seen Purdy (one of the girls in the picture on the top-right!) since we said our tearful goodbyes a year and a half ago. This girl is my soul sister. And if Purdy's my soul sister, then Lawless is my soul brotha. I hadn't seen him since his last trip to Colorado a year ago. This man is one of my favorite people in the world. Possibly the funniest, most fun-loving person I've ever met. Seeing these two for just a short while...made everything worthwhile.
-I almost died playing spoons.
-I spent New Years getting abused by random strangers and a couple of police officers. And had a blast with my friends.
-I turned 21.

And now I'm ready for another semester of higher education. Bring it on.

3 comments:

HLB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
em. said...

you almost died playing spoons...i broke my finger playing spoons...dirty game that spoons

Anonymous said...

i love giggling and singing and playing with you.

and reading your blog.