Pages

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

this is whats up.

What's up.

Life has become like stagnant water since my last entry. That sounds harsh and depressing, but alas, it is the almost truth. Whenever people compare life to a rollercoaster, I think to myself..."come on, you can't think of a better metaphor? Rollercoaster is so cliche!" Although cliche, it definitely sums up our lives. It's an endless cycle of ups and downs, highs and lows, happies and crappies, etc. Why so blue, Katie?

Monday after our fall break, my noble truck Walker, Ford Ranger decided to slip into a coma and stop working. He's back in Topeka waiting for my dad to wake him up...which means I should look at my bike for my main means of transportation for the next calendar year. I love my dad, and I embrace his ADD. Praise God for genetics. ADD is hereditary.

That same Monday my laptop (called Gary the Gateway) died and has yet to rise once more. Replacing a power cord is harder than it seems.

So today marks the 9th day without either my truck or my laptop. I hate realizing how much I rely on machines. I'm over the attitude of "oh well, I guess I don't need it really". I'm ready to have my truck back, and I'm ready to welcome Gary back home as well.

Needless to say, the events stated above have encouraged my depressive state, but they aren't the main feeding force. That would be myself. I feel like my thoughts have become self-oriented and shallow. No bueno. It's silly and it's not me. I've been craving some sort of adventure for awhile, and maybe my lack of excitement has triggered my dull perspective. I don't know. I do know that I want to get out of this funk, and start having fun again.

In other news, 30 Rock is a television gem. In my humble opinion, its the funniest show on television right now. Yes, even funnier than The Office! I never thought I would find a show better than The Office...but I think I have. I've been a huge Tina Fey fan since her start at SNL, and when she left the show it left a huge hole in my heart. That hole was filled when 30 Rock premiered last year. The actors are incredible, the storylines are hysterical, and I LOVE the flashback scenes. For instance, a scene where Tina Fey's character, Liz Lemon, has a flashback to her college days in 1992. She has huge glasses, a wool turtleneck sweater, and a frizzy hairdo. She's leaning over her desk looking over "Dungeons and Dragons" plans...saying to herself "I'll put the orcs behind this trap door...that'll really piss off Samir". I almost peed myself. It's my kind of show. Another show I've become obsessed with: CHUCK. It has everything I desire. Spies, fight scenes, explosions, cool gadgets, and a nerd who works on computers at a Best Buy-esque retail store. I secretly want to be a spy who works at an electronics store.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Whoa whoa WHOA!
You have a blog too?!?!?
This is the best discovery EVER (next to Kelsie's blog discovery...which makes this the best DAY ever!)

Sorry about your truck! So sad!!!

BOLD statements about The Office my friend...but I am a newfounded fan of 30 Rock as well. Can't say I prefer it to Dunder Mifflin, but Tina Fey is pretty freakin funny.
(neither hold a candle to the comedic genius of Katie Pooler. OBVIOUSLY.)

Miss your face.
That is all. :)

p.s. I see this is an old post. Life update since then???