Pages

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

dear diary...

This is officially my first blog. Ever.

I guess I'll start out with talking about my life...I mean, that's why you came here, right? God is doing some super fly things in me right now, and I'm so excited to see where he takes me. I've felt close to God billions of times, but its never been like this. Every day I feel like I'm hanging out with Jesus 24/7. So cool.

Young Life is amazing. Nothing gets me more excited than talking about this ministry. Well, maybe Heroes (I LOVE THAT SHOW). That gets me pretty pumped. I love spending time with high schoolers, especially the ones here in Manhattan. They are a special breed...to say the least. I could go on forev-ev-ev (I love Chris Brown!) on how much my heart breaks for these kids and leaders.

School. Technically I am a Junior (depends on your definition of "technically"), because this is my 3rd year here in Manhattan/involved with K-State. Academic-wise (which is probably the "technical" answer), I am a Sophomore. I tell people I'm a Junior...that's all that matters. The highest class I am taking right now is MUSIC170: History of Rock N Roll. Nuff said. I love it. My GPA could use the boost.

Expository Writing 1. I call it "Expos...Round 2!". I've already taken the equivalent of this course at Washburn my senior year of high school, but alas the credits did not transfer. So now I am taking this class with a majority of first-semester freshmen. hilarious. For example, today one of my classmates was riding his bike to our class in Thompson, and apparently his brakes gave way while he was in hyperspeed on a "slight" decline. Thus, he flies into the side of the limestone building at full speed. He walks into class with a bloody knee and half of his hand covered in blood. My teacher says "You can leave if you need to take care of that...", to which he replies "Why...do you not want me here?". It was glorious.

In other news, tonight I took the first step in becoming famous...I took the online test to be on College Champions Jeopardy. I won't know the results of the test, or how well I fared, all I will know is if they want me to move on to the next stage. Cross your fingers. I am a College Champion. Suck it Trebek.

Much Love,
KP

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

katie pooler.
i'm your #1 fan.
love,
celine dion